Sunday, February 15, 2004

Good food, good times

Yesterday, I joined some of the GWS crowd for a great lunch. We were supposed to go on a canoe trip on the Towaliga River, but the recent rain has pushed the river up too high...plus it was rainy yesterday....so Kathy invited everyone over to her place for a pot luck lunch. Participants included Kathy, Monnie, Bonnie, Niki, Bud, Robby, Dave, and myself. We enjoyed a ton of tasty foods.

Today, I just don't have the energy to do much at all. I have been considering going and getting a new cat. I have about decided to wait until after my Okefenokee Swamp trip though....as that it is a five day trip and I would hate to be forced to get a cat-sitter while I was gone, especially with a new kitty.

The chickens are doing great. All four are happy and producing eggs left and right. Fortunately, one of my coworkers is always happy to get a free dozen eggs each week. I usually get about 15 to 20 eggs each week from the four hens.


This is my most friendly hen. She always gets excited and runs back and forth whenever she sees me.


These two are the watchdogs. Both always keep an eye out for anything different and will squawk loudly if they see something odd.


You can't see it in this photo because of the milk crate, but this hen has a patch of white feathers right on her head, which looks a bit odd.

No comments: