Sunday, January 09, 2011

Ice storm is on the way?


Well, the forecasters say that we are going to get some ice and sleet. It all depends on who you listen to; but anywhere from a tiny bit of ice to 1-3 inches of sleet and ice on the trees.

I am certainly hoping for no ice. Not only does it make for bad driving conditions, but if it collects on the powerlines and trees, we might be without power for a bit. And that just makes it chaotic at work. As you probably know, I work for the local school district and even if cancel school (which has not been done yet), it means that I and a few others get to go in and check the buildings for damage, make sure the heat and power is on, and so forth.

So I am keeping my fingers crossed for a little snow or sleet, but not too much tonight and tomorrow.

No comments: