Saturday, June 21, 2008

Bonnie's Retirement Blowout



My good friend Bonnie has finally done it. She has retired. Although she certainly does not look it or act it, she says that she is actually at the age where she is ready to cast off her role as an elementary school teacher, after 30-something years of teaching.

Now, if I could only figure out a way to be able to do so at the same time. But I am a few years younger, although my big bald head doesn't help me make that point very often. Probably the only way I will get to retire before putting in my time would be to win the lottery. And considering that I never play the lottery, it just doesn't seem too likely.

Although she technically retired two weeks ago, the big blowout party is tonight at a friend's place....swimming pool, live music, steaks and chicken on the grill, and an open bar. I shall try to snap a few photos tonight and post them here later.

No comments: