Sunday, June 15, 2008

Getting There...

I can almost taste them....yum! Maybe in a week or so, they will be ripe. There is nothing quite so good as a home-grown tomato sandwich during the summer. And with the current e. coli scare that is going around, eating fresh tomatoes from the store could be dangerous. So home-grown it is.

This is an heirloom variety and looks to be a pretty good producer; although the leaves on the plants don't appear to like the heat. It will produce a striped orange and red tomato with a slightly sweet taste. Or at least that is what the description said, when I bought the little plants.

I planted early this year, and had to cover the plants to avoid a frost or two; but having good fruit this early in the season makes it worth it.

And before I forget it, I want to wish everyone a very
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

No comments: