Sunday, September 21, 2003

Too hot for chili

I am not sure how or why, but we decided (and by "we", I really am not including myself in the decision making process) to have a chili lunch tomorrow at work. So several us volunteered to bring a crock pot full of chili each to share among those at work. Sounds like a good idea......Chili is a wonderful fall or winter dish. But it is still summertime here in Georgia, and it is too hot to be cooking chili....but that is what I have been doing all day. I now have a crock-pot slap full of chili and another 2 or 3 bowls in another container. I will probably take the crock-pot to work, but keep the other for myself.

Onion, garlic, jalapenos, beef, pork, cumin, oregano, chili powder, paprika, red wine, and a slow simmer for 3 hours and you have a wonderful chili...but it really was warm doing so. I debated turning on the air conditioning, but cash is tight and it has been cooling off nicely at night. So I will be a bit warm now.

On the good side of things, the cable guy came by today (on a Sunday!) and fixed my cable-tv. I was only getting about 1/2 of the channels that I was supposed to be getting. Turned out that my decoder box was out of whack, so he put in a new one.

No comments: