Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Mingus Mill


I stopped by the Mingus Mill, near Cherokee, on my way home. It was the last day of 2008 that the mill would be open and running. This mill was built in the 1886, replacing an earlier one from the 1790's that was built by the Mingus Family. I love to visit old historic sites, such as this one.


It was cold and wet on the day of my visit, so I didn't fiddle around outside getting the shot that I really wanted...but you get the idea. On the upside, I had the place to myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shot! I never tire of seeing pictures of old barns, mills, etc...

Mary said...

This looks wonderful! I bet it is a great place to visit and watch the mill running.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful scene. Excellent composition here.