Thursday, October 02, 2003

Burglar Alarm Craziness

My afternoon was interupted today by a phone call from ADT to tell me that the burglar alarm at my home was going off and the Sheriff was on his way. Fortunately, it was a false alarm. As I drove home, I was hoping that the wind perhaps wiggled a door and set it off; but as it turns out, it was one of the motion detectors. Why? I have no idea. No burglar, no pets running around, no idea what set it off.

I will try it again and see what happens tomorrow. I get to work on so many alarm systems at work, I hate the idea that my personal alarm system is cutting the fool. Fortunately, the particular zone that is acting up is on an interior space, so there isn't any way to break into the house and get to this particular zone without tripping the alarm elsewhere.

Tonight's supper was burgers patties on the grill. They were wonderful. As I cooked them, I let the chickens out of the pen to run the yard for an hour or so. They appreciated it, but with a little coaxing, did go back into the pen. The egg count hit 4 today!

No comments: